Monday 30 August 2010

Eternal Youth

Monkey hormones, I reckon.
I mean, they certainly know how to retain it.

This set comes from 1992 but it could easily have come from last year!

A mostly powerpop, rock set, highlighted by a cosmic middle section to the epic 'Sugar Kane' - the only time they get really experimental and out there.

I saw them in 88.
Their set was incredibly tight and polished - not unlike this show - but somehow, I came away feeling a little disappointed.

I don't know, there's just no pleasing some people...

Sonic Youth - Live at the Brixton Academy, 14/12/92.

100%
Dirty Books
Kool Thing
Swimsuit Issue
Genetic
Theresa's Soundworld
Tom Violence
Sugar Kane
Schizophrenia
Drunken Butterfly
Youth Against Fascism

Originally broadcast by the BBC on John Peel's Cat's Cradle [?].
Decent cassette rip @320kbs.

Get Youthful here

No comments: