Saturday 4 September 2010

Tinnitus

While ripping this earlier, I quickly concluded that Blast First's Nothing Short of Total War is definitely one of the best and most well put together compilation/samplers out there.

Just check out the roll call:
All caught at their finest - and what can one say about the recording of The Butthole Surfers' 'Jimi'...

But hey, nuff; let the album speak for itself:

Various - Nothing Short of Total War (1989)
Decent vinyl rip @320kbs

The spoken word samples I have mainly included as preambles: seemed appropriate.
Enjoy.

Hear here

4 comments:

str8edgegav said...

One of my favourite comps of all time - my vinyl is scratched to feck and my tape is stretched out as well so this is much appreciated!

OLDNIK said...

I've been looking for a copy of this, my cassette version got chewed years ago!
Love the cover art by Savage pencil, this was the ultimate alternative compilation, it shaped by tastes for quite some time.

roy rocket said...

Hope this satisfies.
Check out the one above, it's very nearly as good... roy

convertido said...

What a way to start my Labor Day. Oh, the family is going to love me today!