Tuesday 20 March 2012

Spiritual Activity

If, like me, you're eagerly anticipating the new, long-awaited Spiritualized release; well, here's a sneaky preview courtesy of BBC6 Music: a very tasty session recorded last week as part of their tenth birthday celebrations.

Sounding good and on top form, this BBC recording really whets the appetite: 'Hey Jane' and 'I Am What I Am' (don't think Popeye [or John Clare]) immediately sound classic; but there is variation here, including several tracks lasting less than five minutes [gasp!].

So, all seems well in the Spiritualized camp, and a live session is the perfect way for the band to puff and fly their chops - I've always thought of Spiritualized as a live band - but with that said, I'm still keen to wrap my ears around the impending official product.
After all, what else is happening?

Jason says:

Spiritualized - Live at Maida Vale Studios, 15/3/12.

Hey Jane
Lord Let it Rain on Me
Little Girl
She Kissed Me (and it Felt Like a Hit)
I Am What I Am
Mary
Come Together

DVD captured digital radio broadcast @320kbs
Get Spiritual here

4 comments:

corbypunk said...

Note to self: need to buy a dab if this is typical 6 music fayre! superb

roy rocket said...

Note to Corbypunk: you'll need a recorder as well - this was on at 4 in the morning!
(I think it was repeated from Lauren Laverne's daytime show, previous Thursday - I catch 6 Music via Freeview; hence recording on to DVD)

Good to hear from you ; ) roy

Anonymous said...

Excellent T-shirt.

roy rocket said...

For sure!
Jason's T-shirt's quite funny, too.
; ) roy