Friday 27 January 2012

Here Comes Sickness

One of the last gigs I went to before I left London for the green green grass of my now adopted home was Sonic Youth and Mudhoney together at the Kilburn National back in 89.
And my, it was ripping!

I'd caught Mudhoney a few times: with Soundgarden (SOAS [got to be one of my all time favourite gigs]); with Nirvana (National), and with Tad (twice: once at the National, along with Nirvana, and once in Fulham); and no matter who they were up there with, they always played a blinder; never failed.

I hadn't seen Sonic Youth before; but they certainly satisfied. Big time!
As does this.

This split 7" encpsulates those times for me absolutely.
The bands in homage perform a song by each other.
Loud, dirty, gritty, in ya face rude and brash.
That was the eighties.
This is the eighties.
Here I come, diving right on top of ya.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Sonic Youth & Mudhoney - Sub Pop Singles Club #2 (1988)

Sonic Youth - Touch Me I'm Sick
Mudhoney - Halloween

Decent vinyl rip @320kbs
Fill ya boots here

I've got more of these if there's any takers....

No comments: